Do I need it: NVIDIA Geforce Experience ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 28, 2014
Do I really need the Geforce Experience program? I mean, I don't use the optimizations of the program as they tend to be rather inaccurate and sometimes not as good as they should be, plus I do not have a NVIDIA Shield and every time the program updates I need to redisable the Streamer service since the program does not disable the service nor give me a choice not to use it due to a lack of a SHIELD. Furthermore I do not use Shadowplay at all. Really all I use the program for is for the auto-updating of the GPU Drivers.

Since I typically manually fiddle with game settings, do I need Geforce Experience since I can just download the drivers from the site whenever a new driver is released?

dandn0ten

Estimable
Feb 19, 2014
if you dont use any of these features then you dont have to use or install it. the thing is whenever you want to update driver, its inconvenient to go to their website and download

mironso

Honorable
Apr 13, 2013
From what you said, and if you don't need instantly new driver as they emerge on nvidia (you can live 2 - 3 months on "old" drivers), then do not install experience. When I installing drivers I always uncheck experience.

Rtoder209

Estimable
Mar 5, 2014

Omg.... I thought this was the driver i needed to update my graphics card...

I literally typed in NVIDIA gpu update driver and it prompt me to fill out my gpu make and series etc, then started the download with me thinking this was what i needed to update my graphics card. How do I just update then? There really is no clear way of knowing how to simply update your GPU.

jas wats

Estimable
Apr 29, 2015

Sure there is. Go to Nvidia website and put in the model of your card, windows version, and drivers. Download the drivers, follow directions, automatic, almost. Do a clean install. At least I do.

Rtoder209

Estimable
Mar 5, 2014

i use Experience, its much easier for me :)

also it comes with shadowplay, a recording feature that is really amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.