Question Does anyone make a dual-sim adapter that fits INSIDE of a single-sim Note 9?

IT_Architect

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2011
Does anyone make a dual-sim adapter that fits INSIDE of a single-sim Note 9? I see the ribbons and all, but a lot of people think 128 or 512 is plenty of memory and don't use the SD card space, and want a second SIM that works like Simore, etc., etc. without the ribbon cable outside of the phone, like the Dual-SIM phones use. The problem with buying a Dual-SIM phone is it doesn't have the bands I need, and I don't want the short battery life that goes with dual-active. I want dual-SIM with software support just like you get with the ribbon cable ones.

Thanks!

I don't know of any that will just fit inside the phone. They have all these ones that take up space outside the phone, as you mentioned, but a single SIM phone is meant to just hold and use a single SIM.

There are a few phones that are dual SIM and are 'supposed' to have good battery life. Alas, many even single SIM phones don't have good battery life.

You could try looking at these dual SIM phones...

Huawei P30 Pro
OnePlus 7 Pro
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Samsung Galaxy S10 series
Xiaomi Mi 9 (not as good of a battery as the others)
Pocophone F1 aka Xiaomi POCO F1
Asus Zenfone 5Z (not as good of a battery as the others)
Honor View 20
Huawei P20 Pro

I have to say that while I am not personally a Huawei fan, the cameras are a good selling point. If you are interested in that aspect that is.

And of course you would have to find one that works with the carrier/service provider you wish to use. So say you have a SIM for AT&T (GSM network) you can't then insert one for Sprint (CDMA network). So keep that in mind.

Reactions: IT_Architect

IT_Architect

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2011
I don't know of any that will just fit inside the phone. They have all these ones that take up space outside the phone, as you mentioned, but a single SIM phone is meant to just hold and use a single SIM.

You could try looking at these dual SIM phones...
... Samsung Galaxy Note 9
And of course you would have to find one that works with the carrier/service provider you wish to use.

Verizon is not allowing CDMA-only phones anymore because they plan to shut it down at the end of the year, and Sprint the following year. One would think any GSM LTE phone would be OK but they say the only allow models they have tested and it is not simply a matter if the primary LTE bands are supported. Moreover, normally Dual-SIM phones service a lot of bands, but unlike the Note 8, the Note 9 only has a few and would only be useful in India and Singapore, so the Note 9 dual-SIM is useless. I don't want the small battery off the Note 8. I need Colombia, South America, and the US. The Verizon Note 9 has bands for about everywhere, and for sure works on the Verizon network. The AT&T could work too, but it is also single-SIM, and I don't know if it works with Verizon. If it does, I might go that route, but it is still single-SIM.

One would THINK an interrnal dual-SIM add-on would be available somewhere because the phone already comes with an adapter that has a SIM and conbination 2ndSIM/SD slot that can be used with a second SIM on their Dual-SIM phone. I would think a vendor could easily run a short ribbon between them, but I haven't seen anything like that either. Actually, I would think Samsung would implement it themselves since the slot is already there.

Thanks!