Does exist any app wich shows you when the windows is ready to use?

Dec 12, 2018
Does exist any app wich shows you when the windows is ready to use? I mean, when i start the pc and windows shows up, an app to pop up after some seconds to tell me, your windows is ready to use. The app should see when all programs and services are ready.

I have an SSD and it don t take more than 20 seconds to be totally ready. Is just a casual question.

Solution
when you see the login screen, your windows is ready to accept input.

In the background however you may have services that are set to auto start and may have a delayed start.

Some jobs are scheduled to run at particular time (eg backups or updates).

It is not possible to know when all jobs are ready unless you know what jobs are supposed to start and in what order.
So in the general case the answer is no.
Jan 22, 2018
I've never heard of one, but if Windows is taking THAT long to load, or is regularly super inconsistent... you may want to check if your hard drive is starting to fail. If it's an HDD, defragment it when you have the time to see if it's easily fixable.

Still, to give an easy solution: you could buy a cheap oven timer that beeps and set it to however long it normally takes to start, then start the timer whenever you hit the on button.

lolnole

Proper
Oct 2, 2018
My overwhelming suggestion is to invest in an SSD. I don't know of any app or script that does what you are asking. You might be able to do it yourself using Windows Task Scheduler.

How long does it take to boot up completely?

asoroka

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
when you see the login screen, your windows is ready to accept input.

In the background however you may have services that are set to auto start and may have a delayed start.

Some jobs are scheduled to run at particular time (eg backups or updates).

It is not possible to know when all jobs are ready unless you know what jobs are supposed to start and in what order.
So in the general case the answer is no.

Solution

lolnole

Proper
Oct 2, 2018

I am thinking from the perspective of the scenario he described with his father. If he is waiting for something specific to load, then that will be the obvious trigger. From the simple scenario of when can I use the computer, idle is as good a time as any.