Solved! Does Galaxy S9 runs H265 smoothly?

secretx

Estimable
Oct 9, 2017
Title says all. I need to know that because I use my phone to reproduce videos I edit to check if everything is alright, and knowadays clients are requiring H265 encode and my actual phone does not play h265 at all.

Solution
A phone that new should be able to play anything that is HEVC / H2695. Unless there is, of course, not enough space on the device.

HEVC should be supported on the following Android devices...

Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 Plus or newer.
Galaxy Note 8 or newer.
Google Pixel/Pixel XL or newer.
Huawei P9 or newer.
Xiaomi Mi 5 or newer.
LG G5 or newer.
HTC U10 or newer.
Sony Xperia X or newer.
Moto Z or newer.
OnePlus 3 or newer.

Now that doesn't mean say the carrier/service provider you bought it through hasn't added things that restrict it or restrict the space on it. It also doesn't mean that anything you have added to the device would not restrict it working well.

Additionally, if you are doing any of...
A phone that new should be able to play anything that is HEVC / H2695. Unless there is, of course, not enough space on the device.

HEVC should be supported on the following Android devices...

Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 Plus or newer.
Galaxy Note 8 or newer.
Google Pixel/Pixel XL or newer.
Huawei P9 or newer.
Xiaomi Mi 5 or newer.
LG G5 or newer.
HTC U10 or newer.
Sony Xperia X or newer.
Moto Z or newer.
OnePlus 3 or newer.

Now that doesn't mean say the carrier/service provider you bought it through hasn't added things that restrict it or restrict the space on it. It also doesn't mean that anything you have added to the device would not restrict it working well.

Additionally, if you are doing any of it that requires internet access (either WiFi or data) then this could also restrict how well it works on the device. Especially if via data as carriers/service providers are great at limiting access and speeds.

Solution