does it better for newbie wedding photographers ??

lesiamert

Honorable
Dec 18, 2013
does it better for newbie wedding photographers, as they need high resolution and clear crystal results and they may need to capture night time photography and day time photography ? I mean what kind of camera is better for them.

rickysharma

Honorable
Feb 12, 2013
Do you know how to shoot manual? First of don't worry about spending too much money on the body. Check out the lenses because you can get a body any time but lenses they barely come out. Quality matters from the glass on the lenses. Say you get a canon 7d or something. But a NICE lens. For weddings I prefer 24-70 f2.8L series or the newest one and a 70-200. It all depends on what your subject it. Also depends on your colors to. Buy a canon for more cold colors like blue pink or white and nikon for warmer. I have both 5d mark ii and nikon d800 and LOVEEE THEM BOTH!! And also do you think you will have the interest in photography? Don't waste money if you don't and if you do learn about manual photography. Which is you set the settings on the camera so the pictures come out the way you like it as in like you have to know how to set up ISO white balance shutter speed and aperture. It's a learning process. Have fun when you learn! Happy learning and buying! :)

caffineking

Honorable
Jan 16, 2014
Get some good glass!

I'm a Nikon man myself so can only really speak for them. For a special day like that you might want to consider hiring a really good lens or two. Something like a (stunningly good) Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f2.8G ED VR II brand new will set you back about £1500 at least. The same lens will cost about £50 a day to hire if you shop around.
Calumet (assuming you're in the UK) do a very impressive wedding lens hire-package including a very decent flash for £120 - http://calumetrental.co.uk/wedding-lens-package-nikon.

For the indoor shots and reception get something like the the Nikon AF-S 35mm f1.8 G DX Lens. Superb lens and should set you back no more than £100 quid if you shop about, and very fast for those darker shots. Plus not using the flash will get some really good photos highlighting the DJ's lighting during all the dances at the end...

PParker142. The Canon 5D III is a really good Camera. I'd be tempted to stick with that to be honest. D3200 is a good camera for beginners, but nowhere near as good as yours I would say. If you're really looking to update look more towards the Nikon D7100 or the Canon 70d or 7d (Not quite sure what the US equivalent would be...) for the equivalent of what you have now.

rickysharma

Honorable
Feb 12, 2013
Since you already have a Canon stick with it. Keep the lens you have and the body. or sell the lens only and keep the body and buy another lens. Buy a 24-70 because its a good lens. With the 70-200 you have to step back too far for it to focus. but it is also a good lens. I have both but i mostly use the 24-70. Many other protogs do the same too.

Agree! The lens that I use the most is the 18 to 70 (95% of the time) for parties. The 70 to 300 gets used mostly for wildlife photography.

rickysharma

Honorable
Feb 12, 2013
Exactly. You have to know what the purpose of the lenses are because you cant just put any lens on a camera and call it a day and shoot away. There is so much to learn about photography and its one of my best decisions ive ever made to do it.