Solved! Does Marshmallow support Flash Player?

Shayn_1

Prominent
Aug 8, 2017
Hey, gang. I have a Samsung J-3 (I think), that is equipped with Marshmallow. Sometimes, I will get the message, "This device is not equipped with Flash Player. Please go to Adobe.com, blah, blah, blah." Upon clicking the website, there is no option for downloading it onto an Android telephone.
Does anybody have any thoughts on the matter?
Thanks in advance.

Regards,

SP

Solution
As far as I know there is no way to get it to work on the device. The ability to use it was taken out of Android long ago. It has been years and many versions since it was supported.

You can 'try' installing a different browser app and see if you can get it to work, however there are no guarantees.
As far as I know there is no way to get it to work on the device. The ability to use it was taken out of Android long ago. It has been years and many versions since it was supported.

You can 'try' installing a different browser app and see if you can get it to work, however there are no guarantees.

Solution

Shayn_1

Prominent
Aug 8, 2017

Dear webworkings, thanks a lot for the response. So what are the pros and cons of installing a new browser? In other words, what will I gain, and what will I lose? Will I lose any files or anything important of that nature?
And if I do attempt to do it, is it a difficult procedure?
Thanks again for your response.

Regards,

SP

Shayn_1

Prominent
Aug 8, 2017

Dear webworkings, I went to the link that you sent me, which I appreciate, by the way. It was pretty informative, but I just had one brief question. Which version of Flash Player is this phone compatible with?
Thanks again in advance for your assistance.

Regards,

SP

I sent you no such link. This is my first time looking at this thread since my initial response. Are you sure someone isn't giving you bad stuff? Sounds kinda fishy to me. Most stuff on mobiles is set up to work without flash.

Like rdg1101 said, is it a site saying you need it or just some popup?