Does MSI GT72S 6QE Laptop with 6700HQ require the power adapter to be connected to turn it ON?

Solution
if power adapter has to be connected for the laptop to be on even with a good battery means that is not a laptop anymore but a desktop which means you can't use it in a car, plane, or whatever. do as rgd1101 suggested if still under warranty as that salesman\woman don't know what they are talking about. my hp pavilion laptop & my msi netbook don't have to be connected to external power to work as they are mean to be portable with their own power compared to a desktop computer that needs external power to work.

ffg7

Splendid
if power adapter has to be connected for the laptop to be on even with a good battery means that is not a laptop anymore but a desktop which means you can't use it in a car, plane, or whatever. do as rgd1101 suggested if still under warranty as that salesman\woman don't know what they are talking about. my hp pavilion laptop & my msi netbook don't have to be connected to external power to work as they are mean to be portable with their own power compared to a desktop computer that needs external power to work.

Solution

prakash54035

Estimable
Jan 14, 2016
Contacted MSI Tech Support, they said that for the first time it's switched on it should be connected to the power and then we should reset the battery with the reset battery hole in the back and after that we don't need to connect the laptop to power to turn it on.✌️