Question Does my laptop have a HDMI 2.0 cable capable of 4K @60HZ output?

Aug 24, 2020
My Laptop is HP Laptop 15-daxxx Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8565U, Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620.
Product number: 5YQ23AV

I am trying to connect it to my samsung monitor which supports 4k. But when I connect it with my laptop is only displays 4k @30Hz.
I know the problem might be either the hdmi port on my laptop or the hdmi cable itself. Now I know I have a standard hdmi cable (HDMI 1.4) but I just want to make sure my laptop does have a HDMI 2.0 port before buying a hdmi 2.0 cable.

My Laptop is HP Laptop 15-daxxx Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8565U, Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620.
Product number: 5YQ23AV

I am trying to connect it to my samsung monitor which supports 4k. But when I connect it with my laptop is only displays 4k @30Hz.
I know the problem might be either the hdmi port on my laptop or the hdmi cable itself. Now I know I have a standard hdmi cable (HDMI 1.4) but I just want to make sure my laptop does have a HDMI 2.0 port before buying a hdmi 2.0 cable.

Sounds like it's the HDMI port restriction.

Aug 24, 2020
Sounds like it's the HDMI port restriction.
Yes that seems to be the case. I checked the manual and it said that the port is HDMI 1.4b which limits 4K @30Hz.
I purchased a USB TYPE C to HDMI adapter. I hope I am able to get it to output 4K @60HZ because I know for sure my graphic card is capable of that resolution.

I don't know it just sounds stupid to make a HDMI 1.4 port in the first place, I mean if the graphic card can support a HDMI 2.0 port, why restrict it?