Does the Asus Zenbook Pro UX501VW support PEN and not just a generic capacitor stylus/pen?

MarbleFox

Commendable
Apr 13, 2016
I've been looking at several laptops and convertibles that have or support PEN technology like the Lenovo Yoga 14/460, X1 Yoga, Surface Pro/Book, etc. However, I cannot find any specific information regarding the Zenbook Pro UX501VW other than Asus' site saying "Perfect for pin-point precision with a stylus or hitting those tiny links when surfing the web." I have found some capacitive styli online but capacitive is not great at all for artwork like Photoshop or Clip Studio Paint (MS5), etc, since there is no pressure sensitivity as it only mimics a finger touching the screen.

Solution
I glossed over a few professional reviews of that laptop and there was no mention of support for a digital pen. Therefore, I can only assume the laptop does not have an active digitizer.

If you need pen support, then I recommend you scratch the Asus off your list.
I glossed over a few professional reviews of that laptop and there was no mention of support for a digital pen. Therefore, I can only assume the laptop does not have an active digitizer.

If you need pen support, then I recommend you scratch the Asus off your list.

Solution

MarbleFox

Commendable
Apr 13, 2016

Thank you for helping. I even contacted Asus but it appears so, even though I was not given a direct answer just that I could use a stylus. Too bad cause it seems to have great specs.