does the sub volume increase when speaker volume is increased?

reg66

Honorable
Nov 8, 2012
i have a pair of presonus ceres 4.5BT (active 2.0 speakers) that have a dedicated sub out port.

if i buy a sub for them and set the sub volume initially to suit the speaker volume, do i have to turn the sub up everytime i turn the speakers up, or does the sub volume increase when the speakers volume is turned up?

i suspect i have to turn the volume manually on both the speakers and the sub, but hoping that i don't! it would be a pain to have to balance the speakers and sub everytime i adjust the speaker volume. in fact, it would be a deal breaker.

thanks

reg66

Honorable
Nov 8, 2012

thought i'd qoute as hoping you get a notification and view my newer query...

cheers, maybe you can help with another query.
i have some presonus eris 4.5 that have a low frequency cut off switch at flat, 80Hz or 100Hz. i was shocked to find that my presonus ceres 4.5BT(the bluetooth version of pretty much the same speaker) didn't have that same switch, even though it has a dedicated sub out port, which is missing from the eris. is this because by using the sub out port, the sub controls the frequency cut off point by way of the crossover dial and relieves the speakers of the set low frequency?
does that make sense!?

initially i thought my only option was to set the sub at 70Hz (the lowest the ceres 4.5BT's will go) to give me full range. but now i'm not sure if the sub out port feeds back to the speakers to cut off the frequency according to the sub crossover setting.

thanks

EDIT: i should add, both the speakers and sub are active.

TRENDING THREADS