Dolby digital live

kiberniths

Honorable
Dec 22, 2013
I have an asus strix soar card.This card supports 7.1 audio speakers but it doesn't mention something about Dolby digital or DTS. What's the difference between the simple 7.1 audio and Dolby or DTS? Is there any real difference between those systems?

Solution
Setting the soundcard for 7.1 tells it whether it needs to mix some channels into each other.
There are different kinds of Dolby and DTS processing. Some for games some for movies. Some are lossless like Dolby TrueHD. Since there is no mention of any audio codecs at all for the soundcard or the sound processor chip it uses I will guess that it depends on the playback software to do that.
Setting the soundcard for 7.1 tells it whether it needs to mix some channels into each other.
There are different kinds of Dolby and DTS processing. Some for games some for movies. Some are lossless like Dolby TrueHD. Since there is no mention of any audio codecs at all for the soundcard or the sound processor chip it uses I will guess that it depends on the playback software to do that.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS