Dont know what to do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chunky24r7

Estimable
May 15, 2014
My laptop is a toshiba satellite c660-1d7 with windows7 home premium. There was a virus on my laptop and my screen froze. Then the taskbar went and all my icons went with it. I opened task manager and went to processes and i accidentaly clicked on explrer. I then killed the file. After that it froze. I turned of the laptop and turned on again. It gave me two options 1 launch startup repair and 2 start windows normally. First i tried one which led me to a blank screen with a movable cursor and when i pressed to there was a flash of the user accaounts and it rebooted. I tried to press f8 to bring up the advanced tools and tried to click on the repair tool. It led me to a blank screen. What shall i do? Thanks in advance.

Dogsnake

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2006
If you can boot to safe mode, you can run a system restore and do several virus/malware removal scans in safe mode. Please advise if you can get to safe mode. Do you have a windows installation disc? Probably not. As a last resort, if you hold the zero key down during boot you should get to the restore options menu. From here you can restore to factory defaults but it will reinstall windows and you will likely loose everything on the system and have to reinstall all software. So try to get to safe mode first.

Status
Not open for further replies.