Solved! Don't think you can help, but please try!

shane_c

Prominent
Dec 23, 2017
I did a Windows update and f*cked up the mouse somehow. The right-click menu now comes up even when I don't want it to! It comes up by clicking some areas of the left-hand side, which is so annoying. There's now a right-click function on the left edge of the touchpad, about an inch above the corner.

I think it has something to do with the entire touchpad being functionable now. Before the update, I could click the upper areas of the pad and it wouldn't do anything, but now it does. I've Googled it and toyed around in the touchpad section but can't figure it out.

The circled area is roughly where the right-clicking occurs.

fmjib8.jpg

Solution
I tried doing both of your solutions but none worked I'm afraid, but the nice lady at Windows gained remote access to my laptop and managed to restore the system to how it was before the update, so now it's working fine!

Thanks for your attempted help guys. Happy Christmas.

marksavio

Prominent
Dec 23, 2017
not sure if its related. this happened to my hp notebook as well. how about try going to the device manager and rightclick it (probably need a usb mouse for this ;)) and update. or just download the touchpad driver from your laptop support site and reinstall the driver form there. and restart.

shane_c

Prominent
Dec 23, 2017
I tried doing both of your solutions but none worked I'm afraid, but the nice lady at Windows gained remote access to my laptop and managed to restore the system to how it was before the update, so now it's working fine!

Thanks for your attempted help guys. Happy Christmas.

Solution