Solved! Double, triple, multiple copies in contact list.

Feb 16, 2020
Hi. I have a coolpad legacy purchased from my carrier, metro, approx. 6 months ago. From day one the issue has been that the people in my contacts keep adding themselves so that the same contacts is listed multiple times. I've been to my carrier complaining and they just erase the extra contacts and send me on my way. And a few hours later it starts again. Especially after I text or call a contact. The manufacture support tells me that it is a google problem, IDK what it is. Anything I found on the internet , mostly, is that in a few steps u can solve this by linking the extra contacts to the original contact. However all steps I have tried to the letter don't coincide with this phone settings, etc., as they are general steps not phone specific. Anyone knows how I can end this annoying crap, plz do enlighten me.

Reactions: Hydra119
Solution
It likely isn't the phone itself but the places you are connected to and have contacts saved with.

Gmail can cause this sometimes if you have the contacts there set up different in any way than the ones on the phone. The same can happen with Facebook contacts.

Try checking your settings in any app that has your contacts as well. Make sure they are not set to add them to the phone. That is where I would start.
It likely isn't the phone itself but the places you are connected to and have contacts saved with.

Gmail can cause this sometimes if you have the contacts there set up different in any way than the ones on the phone. The same can happen with Facebook contacts.

Try checking your settings in any app that has your contacts as well. Make sure they are not set to add them to the phone. That is where I would start.

Reactions: Hydra119
Solution