doubts about laptop

imperial7

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2010
hi i have just bought a lenovo ideapad y570, and i have some doubts

1) may damage the battery, if I use it connected to the electric current always?
2) when I'm using the laptop, and I need to put it to reload, can I connect without turning off? or is it better to turn it off?
3) the same case, but when disconnecting

thanks!!!

Solution
Hi,

1. unless there's something wrong with the laptop there's no reason why it would damage the battery. So, short answer to your question: NO.

I'm sorry to say but other questions don't make sense to me, you need to explain better or write it in your native language.

The phrases that have me confused:
"need to put it to reload" - you want to reboot the computer? or something else?
"can I connect without turning off" - connect what? turning off what?
"better to turn it off" - what is it? and what situation are you trying to turn it off in?
"same case but with disconnecting" - what are you disconnecting?

AntiZig

Distinguished
Hi,

1. unless there's something wrong with the laptop there's no reason why it would damage the battery. So, short answer to your question: NO.

I'm sorry to say but other questions don't make sense to me, you need to explain better or write it in your native language.

The phrases that have me confused:
"need to put it to reload" - you want to reboot the computer? or something else?
"can I connect without turning off" - connect what? turning off what?
"better to turn it off" - what is it? and what situation are you trying to turn it off in?
"same case but with disconnecting" - what are you disconnecting?

Solution

phatbuddha79

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2009
If you're having it mostly plugged into a wall socket, take off the battery unless you want more heat for your laptop and risking your battery aging and losing its charge much quicker over time.