Downloaded Andriod videos pixelate randomly

Katernum

Commendable
Dec 30, 2016
On certain video files that are downloaded to an SD card on my phone, they randomly pixelate and freeze. Not all videos do this, as the cmera videos and around a quarter of the downloaded videos play fine.

All the files are .mkv and are being played on VLC for Android. It also seems to happen more often when the phone has been used for longer periods of time (such as binge watching a series, the 5th episode may pixelate, while the previous 4th are fine, or only minorly do it.)

Any ideas what might make the videos not pixelate?

Solution
Well if the device is overheating that would cause it. Also since you are watching them in MKV format, that could cause it as well. You may want to consider converting them (on a computer) to a better format for phone usage.

Also, if watching quite a few, I would suggest rebooting the phone to clear out all the junk built up by everything running. And again, I would suggest taking a break after a bit to let the device cool off.
Well if the device is overheating that would cause it. Also since you are watching them in MKV format, that could cause it as well. You may want to consider converting them (on a computer) to a better format for phone usage.

Also, if watching quite a few, I would suggest rebooting the phone to clear out all the junk built up by everything running. And again, I would suggest taking a break after a bit to let the device cool off.

Solution