Downloading using IDM

Status
Not open for further replies.

shiroryou10

Commendable
Sep 5, 2016
CAN IDM TAKE OVER ALL OF MY DOWNLOADS...?
IM USING GOOGLE CROME AND WHEN IM DOWNLOADING A FILE
IT DOESN'T DOWNLOADING WITH IDM. INSTEAD ITS DOWNLOADED USING THE BROWSER.

HOW CAN I DOWNLOAD FILES USING IDM AND NOT WITH THE BROWSER.
IM DOWNLOADING LARGE FILES, SO ITS GETTING TO LONG WHEN DOWNLOADING
WITH THE BROWSER AND NOT WITH THE IDM.

This is the site im trying to download files: 1fichier.com

THANK YOU FOR THE HELP. AND SORRY FOR MY GRAMMAR. :)

Solution
IDMs really aren't needed anymore. They were a hit in the past, but with modern tech I can't think of a reason to use one. Hosting sites such as 1fichier won't really work with an IDM as well because once your download starts, you need to wait the X time frame to start your next one. IDMs aren't any faster at downloading and it doesn't matter if your download stops, you need to wait X time before you can try again. (unless you pay/join the site of course.) Whether you use the browser of the IDM your download speed shouldn't change.

4745454b

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2006
IDMs really aren't needed anymore. They were a hit in the past, but with modern tech I can't think of a reason to use one. Hosting sites such as 1fichier won't really work with an IDM as well because once your download starts, you need to wait the X time frame to start your next one. IDMs aren't any faster at downloading and it doesn't matter if your download stops, you need to wait X time before you can try again. (unless you pay/join the site of course.) Whether you use the browser of the IDM your download speed shouldn't change.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.