downloads won't go to my SD card

LouieAce

Commendable
Jun 25, 2016
I have a lgms323 Metro PCS version that won't allow my downloads to go to the SD card they are going to my internal memory and my phone ran out of space does anyone know how I can get my downloads to go to SD card ?

Solution
Unfortunately, since your phone is running only "KitKat" you would not be able to download directly to the SD Card. If you can update the device to "Marshmallow", (which may not be possible as your device may not be capable of handling that version, but I it can't hurt to try) then you would be able to see if it will allow you to turn the SD card "Internal" vs the standard "External". That is not possible on Android versions before "Marshmallow".

If by some chance you are able to upgrade to "Marshmallow" then please do make sure you start with a blank SD card, as the changes made to the card when making it "Internal" will format the SD card (erasing any data on it) and also make it unreadable by other devices.

The only other option I...
Unfortunately, since your phone is running only "KitKat" you would not be able to download directly to the SD Card. If you can update the device to "Marshmallow", (which may not be possible as your device may not be capable of handling that version, but I it can't hurt to try) then you would be able to see if it will allow you to turn the SD card "Internal" vs the standard "External". That is not possible on Android versions before "Marshmallow".

If by some chance you are able to upgrade to "Marshmallow" then please do make sure you start with a blank SD card, as the changes made to the card when making it "Internal" will format the SD card (erasing any data on it) and also make it unreadable by other devices.

The only other option I know of for your device would be to consider rooting the phone. Not something I could advise you on. For information on that I would suggest you visit the "Rooting, Jailbreaking & Unlocking" Forum. http://www.tomsguide.com/forum/forum-117.html

Solution

LouieAce

Commendable
Jun 25, 2016
Select all mwdi files, tap on "move" button, tap on sd card, tap on music folder or data and tap on "move" button again. You will see a progress bar while fies are transferred. Then delete files from music app and download folder.