Dreamcasts Sold New at $99 Quickly Sell Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

harlequin6791

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2006
God i loved hat system.. as the article stated..

Sega was always ahead of it's time. That was it's major downfall being ahead of the curve.

skine

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2009
While many Dreamcasts are still available on eBay – many for less than $99 – they likely won’t come with that ‘new Sega console smell.’
Except the 8 that I found here all seem to be sealed, new in box, and even tout a 90 day warranty, at $84.99 with $14.95 s/h.

IzzyCraft

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
[citation]While many Dreamcasts are still available on eBay – many for less than $99 – they likely won’t come with that ‘new Sega console smell.’[/citation]
Ah the smell of great hardware mix with eventual failure :(

hillarymakesmecry

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2009
IT sucks that sony ran SEGA out of the console market. I loved my genesis.

I remember when I used to have a huge selection of game systems to choose from. Now there are 3. Pretty boring if you ask me.

With no more Atari, no more SEGA, no more Panasonic, No turbografix, it's pretty lame.

hakesterman

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
Sorry Sony didn't run Sega out, Sega ran Sega out. Their controller was
a nightmare and their limited games sank them just like Nintendo Game
Cube. I would love to see Sega come back in the next round of consoles, if
they do they better have a gem for a controller and a big slew of games ready
at launch.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
I had every Sega console from the Master System to the Dreamcast and I loved every console. I couldn't believe they were exiting the console market when I first heard it. I hope someday to decide to give it one more shot.

Marcus Yam

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2008
[citation][nom]skine[/nom]Except the 8 that I found here all seem to be sealed, new in box, and even tout a 90 day warranty, at $84.99 with $14.95 s/h.[/citation]
Well that's pretty cool! I guess the $99 Dreamcast sale lives on.

I bought a DC early on and it still works perfectly. When the console was discontinued though, I picked up a second one for $70 -- a black Sega Sports edition :D

hallic7

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
[citation][nom]hakesterman[/nom]Sorry Sony didn't run Sega out, Sega ran Sega out. Their controller wasa nightmare and their limited games sank them just like Nintendo GameCube.[/citation]

I agree, I remember the console, but I can't remember even 5 exclusive good games that really push me to buy the white system...

Let's see... Shenmue mmmmmm.... That's it XD

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
I keep almost every electronic thing I buy. I still have a NES, SNES, N64, Dreamcast, Sega Genesis, PS1, Xbox, Xbox 360, and a Wii. I also have an old school Pentium II processor. My how far things have come. That processor is literally a brick and that was probably 8 years ago.

tman1

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2009
Sega screwed up by pissing off all the third parties. They released the 32X for the genesis months before releasing the Saturn; which would have been a very nice add-on...had they released it a couple years earlier.
Then the Saturn was a failure because it was difficult to program for due to it's configuration: dual SH2 33Mhz processors. The system was rather weak anyways; even with 2 procs, the PS was still more powerful.
By the time the Dreamcast was released, they lost most of their thrid party support, thus dooming the DC.

DM0407

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2007
I just rebought a DC on Craigslist for $20. Sure the guy looked like he was going to murder me, but I'm still here.

Dreamcast had some awesome games:

Jet Grind Radio
Seaman
Skies of Arcadia
Vitura Tennis
F355 Challenge
Grandia II

Status
Not open for further replies.