Driveclub Review: Stuck in First Gear

Status
Not open for further replies.

RetroManHD

Estimable
Oct 30, 2014
You put NO TUNING OR CUSTOMIZATION in CONS?? This isn't Forza or trying to be Forza, it want's to be something else. You can't knock a game for wanting to stay away from gimmicky features like TUNING your car.

RetroManHD

Estimable
Oct 30, 2014
One more thing... I can't stand reviews that compare a game to other games and reduce the score just because it doesn't have what other games have. Poor reviewing in my opinion. You should review the game as it is.

Unbiased Gamer

Estimable
Oct 30, 2014
The reviewer suggests that I should wait for The Crew, as if he's played the retail version of that game and knows it's good. Smh.

RetroManHD

Estimable
Oct 30, 2014
Me again... You also presume that the lack of cars will make Driveclub a pass for ALL but the most die-hard racing fans! Well I'm not a "Die-Hard Fan" and I find the list is quite adequate in my opinion. Imagine having 1,000 cars to trawl through in Multiplayer? No thank-you!

Highoctane880

Estimable
Oct 30, 2014
Customisation/tuning and a large roster of different cars are pretty much standard features in racing games now. Driveclub may want to be something else from Forza or GT but removing pretty standard features is certainly not the way to go about it. It would make sense if the game had an innovative Unique selling point but it just doesn't seem to. For that reason driveclub is essentially just a standard arcade racer (like countless others) but with less features than any of its competitors.

Scott Lee Clayton

Estimable
Oct 31, 2014
@RETROMANHD:- Is there no amount of shit you won't swallow in your bid to suck Sony's ball's dry?. Calling Car tuning a gimmick? And saying you'd rather have less cars than more makes you sounds like a fucking moron. Stop sticking up for a broken boring product it doesn't need you.

JJ88

Estimable
Nov 2, 2014
It's really difficult to take any review seriously that suggests racing game fans wait for the Crew.

Driveclub has a superb, nuanced driving model, one of the best for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.