AndreiSMD

Estimable
Dec 31, 2014
I have a ASUS K551LN-XX282D Laptop. I bought it new from the store two years ago. During these two years of use i kept bumping into various issues. The laptop is "made" for windows 8 or higher so i run windows 10. I said "made" because there are no drivers for windows 7 on the asus support page. If it's possible i will try and go for windows 7 instead of 10. The main isuses are :
- Computer fans / hdd lights on yet the screen is black and everything else is not working;
- DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD.
During this period of time i tried everything i found on internet.
Reinstalled windows many many times. Tracking programs that might not allow the computer to shutdown. Updated all the drivers manually and using third party software or using windows features to update the drivers. For entire periods of time i would not get any of these issues. But now, after years i think i found out the main problem. I think the bluetooth is the main problem. I bought a philips mini-HIFI system and i keep trying to connect via bluetooth. Sometimes it works sometimes not. When i open the bluetooth usually i get a new icon (bluetooth one) in the toolbar. If the bluetooth is on and that icon is not there i will get DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD, or if i go ahead and shutdown the laptop it will not shutdown (computer fans / hdd lights on yet the screen is black and everything else is not working) or if i choose restart it the laptop will shutdown completely instead of restart. I had problems with the bluetooth before buying the HIFI-system but i didn't think too much about it. About one year ago i would get the same BSOD after opening SMITE or CS:GO from steam without having my laptop plugged in. As i said before i did update the driver many times : From asus official driver page, from the manufacturer page, and using third-party software. I did check all the power settings and set everything to maximum performance except for PCI Express and Link State Power Management where the only options i've got are : OFF/Moderate power savings/Maximum power savings. I did change few settings inside BIOS and still nothing. Today i got again the DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD but this time it came from alt-tabbing League of Legends, this time bluetooth was off so i don't think it has anything to do with it. After checking event viewer the only error there was a "Activation failure". ( off-topic : 20 mins leaver buster as a gift cause of a short "break" ). Maybe the bluetooth is physically damaged and i should replace it. I'm willing to try anything you say, i just want to get rid of this problem!
Any help and info is welcome!

LATER EDIT : Added minidump files https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxBEsV_3rhmZS0diemZHb2U1c1E

Solution
Can you follow option one here
and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c windows/minidump
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a cloud server and share the link here and someone with right software to read them will help you fix it :)

Colif

Distinguished
Can you follow option one here
and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c windows/minidump
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a cloud server and share the link here and someone with right software to read them will help you fix it :)

Solution