Droid X Takes Pot Shot at iPhone 4 Case Situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

welshmousepk

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
this is awesome. Apple need to be reminded that they have made a pretty huge mistake. they keep trying to deny it, hopefully more marketing like this will show them that people don't expect restrictions on how they hold their phones..

hakesterman

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
I wouldn't give you a wooden nickel for it, if it's Droid it's short 20,000 Apps and it is alot bulkier than an iphone4. Yes the Iphone 4 has some issues, but it's still leaps and bounds ahead of droid.

lowriderflow

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2010
Wow... This just makes me so happy to be a Motorola Droid user. That's just CLASSIC! I almost can't believe they took such a direct shot at Apple! I can understand the 'droid does' campaigns... but this is truly a low blow and I love it

G

[citation][nom]DjEaZy[/nom]http://www.apple.com/antenna/[/citation]
I think this is why motorola did this ad. Most of the other smart phone company are pretty mad at apple. Instead of admitting their mistake, they bash on other company's product. I'm guessing it doesn't feel so good when you get bash back.

DjEaZy

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2008
[citation][nom]rotsae[/nom]I think this is why motorola did this ad. Most of the other smart phone company are pretty mad at apple. Instead of admitting their mistake, they bash on other company's product. I'm guessing it doesn't feel so good when you get bash back.[/citation]
... my point waz, that there is DROID X in the mix with anteT&T problem... so... not so much better... a bit better...

alienl

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
funny because thats taken off apple's site and tests were done in an apple facility. Pretty sure the problem is nowhere near what apple makes the droid x antenna issue to be. Its all used to mask their mistake and make it seem like its common, when it actually isn't.

L0tus

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006

So Apple dedicated a whole page on their website to unconvincingly slate other smartphones in a vain attempt to cover up THEIR own inadequacies.

Consumers don't like negative advertising and I'm no different. I fully support Motorola's ad now.

porschedream

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2010
this is seriously highly unprofessional , lame excuses for what is a design flaw on apple's part

gurboura

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2010
Apple has invested more than $100 million building its advanced antenna design and test labs. Our engineers have logged thousands of hours designing and testing iPhone 4 in these state-of-the-art facilities.

Really? $100 million on an antenna design that doesn't work? Sounds like another 100 million and and more thousands of hours need to be dedicated to this.

CTPAHHIK

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2008
[citation][nom]guzz46[/nom]Some nice video editing by apple[/citation]

Just tried on my Bold 9700 and it's true. If I use both hands to cover bottom antenna signal drop by a bar or two. However, a second later signal recovers. I would assume phone fails over to second antenna.
Apple has a problem with hand short circuiting primary and backup antenna, which renders both of them useless. I can't imagine QA let this slide through.
Whole Apple article is incomplete and completely irrelevant to actual problem that affects iphone.

enforcer22

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
[citation][nom]hakesterman[/nom]I wouldn't give you a wooden nickel for it, if it's Droid it's short 20,000 Apps and it is alot bulkier than an iphone4. Yes the Iphone 4 has some issues, but it's still leaps and bounds ahead of droid.[/citation]

Leeps and bounds ahead? now i personaly hate droid but does having 100000000 pong apps for a iphone actualy make the phone worth having over a droid? so it has 20k less chess apps then a iphone but imo the droid phones are way freaking better then any crapy iphone. At least other phones dont make you do a stupid pose to make a phone call. its been almost two decades since thats affected a phone at least the ones i have gotten.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
People STILL bought the iPhone despite the problems. What morons. Well, I stand corrected. The iPhone does target morons. Mission accomplished.

Status
Not open for further replies.