Question Dropped Laptop on the charging port side, while charging, now only powers the laptop and does not charge the battery.

Sep 4, 2019
Hi, can someone please help me figure out what’s wrong with my laptop. It dropped from the bed on the charging port side while plugged in. At first I thought everything was fine until a few days ago when I decided to play NFS Payback.

I noticed that the game launched, but it was taking way too long, and it was suuuuuper slow, and when I tried to open Fifa 18 it took long to load some screens and eventually and doesn’t play anymore.

I thought this probably had to do with my graphic drivers, and updated both Radeon and Intel, but the problem still persisted. It was until I tried updating BIOS that I realized my battery had not been charging since the BIOS required my batter to be above 10% to perform an update. Now my laptop always says plugged in but not charging, and when I turn on my laptop there’s always a notification that says “The AC power adapter wattage and type cannot be determined. The battery may not charge. The system will adjust the performance to match power available.”

I tried using a different charger, but I still got this notification after the Dell sign on power up, and my batter still didn’t charge even with a different charger.

I thought it might be software related since games were refusing to play and decided to reset my pc removing only apps. Resetting it did not help.

I also noticed when I open games it no longer make that fan like sound and produce heat on the side.

Please help me find a solution to this problem 😢

PC specs Dell
Windows 10 Pro 1809
8GB Ram
Intel core i7-6500 CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.60GHz

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Laptop Tech Support 0
M Laptop Tech Support 0
A Laptop Tech Support 0
AG95 Laptop Tech Support 5
ZahidRidwan Laptop Tech Support 3
Joeykm16 Laptop Tech Support 3