dropped my hp pavilion laptop

panda82

Estimable
Jun 8, 2015
Hi my laptop got dropped and now windows wont load it goes to boot menu and try to start windows but then goes to start up menu and says repair so I press repair after a few seconds it goes to a grey screen can I save my photos that's on there or have I lost them

Solution
Chances are your hard drive got damaged in the fall. Boot of a Linux Live disk and see if you can get to the hard drive and copy your files out to an external drive, or remove the hard drive from the laptop and put it in a drive enclosure and use another computer to get the files out. You may not be able to if you have physical damage on the drive, which looks to be the case.
Chances are your hard drive got damaged in the fall. Boot of a Linux Live disk and see if you can get to the hard drive and copy your files out to an external drive, or remove the hard drive from the laptop and put it in a drive enclosure and use another computer to get the files out. You may not be able to if you have physical damage on the drive, which looks to be the case.

Solution