so i dropped water on my laptop and i immediately turned it off, dried it with the blow dried on cool setting and it started working, i left it over night and used it all day and it worked perfectly well. but now it has issues. first the screen went berzerk going all black and white then i turned it on again and later a blue screen appeared saying hardware malfunction, i went on the safe mode and did system restore.. but i'm not sure if the problem is solved. PLEASE help.
my laptop is the hp probook 5330m
How fast were you able to turn it off? If the water got to the hardware while there was still even a little spark of electricity in it then it probably shorted something. I recommend opening up the laptop and taking out the CMOS battery that will ensure there is absolutely no electricity in the hardware. Then leave it opened up to dry for about 3 days. Then put CMOS back in and try firing it up again. DO NOT use a blow dryer, these things need time to dry naturally and becoming impatient leads to a sloppy drying job.
Well I would of left it with the battery out.
To dry for about four to five days, in a warm air environment.
Water can hang around for a few days in a laptop when it seeps through the keyboard.
One of the first things that in most cases goes first is the keyboard, followed by the video display.
Memory, then hard drives in the laptop.
Patients is the game giving it like i say at least four to five days before even attempting to turn it on again.