DTV Changeover Begins; Initial Reports Good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parrdacc

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
Well, it seems to me that the stations themselves can start now or they can wait till the June date. So if you have not picked up any digital channels yet, my guess would be that the stations that broadcast where you are, are probably waiting till June. Not a bad thing really, just means they have more time to make sure everything will go smoothly, and if not well they kinda don't have an excuse.

G

I still have 6 analog signals as well!
Problem with the digital channels is you need at least 65% of signal channel to be able to see a show; while with the analog signals you can still make out the main characters of a movie and hear sound with 35% of signal; though be it through snow and noise.

also a lot of channels broadcast analog AND digital.
I often swap between the two, since 2x 3foot antenna is not enough to get sufficient TV signal in Hialeah.

randomizer

Distinguished
I agree. While digital is generally better if you have a good signal, with poor signals analog is better because you get less sporadic artifacts, freezes and dropped sounds. If you haven't got a signal booster installed in your house, it's a good idea. I went from having

randomizer

Distinguished
(Ok, I just worked out why, it thought I was doing HTML when I used the "less than" symbol. Now to try and hide all my other screwed comments...)

I agree. While digital is generally better if you have a good signal, with poor signals analog is better because you get less sporadic artifacts, freezes and dropped sounds. If you haven't got a signal booster installed in your house, it's a good idea. I went from having less than 20% signal quality to 70-80%. Make sure your splitter (if you have more than one antenna outlet) is in good condition too. Sometimes the ones that get installed originally are cheap and corrode over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.