Dual Play feature in LG

dharmendrajain262

Honorable
Aug 22, 2012
I have seen the Dual Play feature in LG Cinema 3D but haven’t been able to comprehend what it really means? Any gamers who can enlighten me on it?

jcoultas98

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2009
It allows 2 gamers to use one television set. Each gamer wears the 3D glasses, and they each see a different screen. It's actually a quite interesting idea, though with the limitation of Passive 3D, it doesn't look that great. I did a demo at best buy, and the idea is there, but crosstalk, and low rez became very very apparent.

Durgesh Bhatija

Honorable
Jul 11, 2012
The way dual player gaming works in 3D TV is that whenever two players are playing through a console, there is a split screen which shows them their player/vehicle individually but it reduces the screen space. The Dual Play feature in LG is accompanied with two specially designed glasses for the two players. And when you wear these gaming glasses, you are able to view the virtual entity you are controlling on a full screen rather than a split screen. Hopes this paves the way for you to understand Dual-Play in LG Cinema 3D range.