Duke Nukem 3D On, then Pulled from iTunes

Status
Not open for further replies.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
If apple did pull it (and perhaps put it back as ie49589 claims it is back) it wouldn't be a surprise. I'm not even sure why Apple does this as they freely allow games that can easily be considered offensive on the Mac so why are handheld devices any different? It reminds me of their 1984 commercial way back and how they are really starting to become what they claim they were opposed to.

Spanky Deluxe

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
I got this a while ago and, like the reviewers say, it is a dog to control. I haven't tried it again since, even though the original game is probably my favourite game in history.

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
classic Duke we've come to love (the old-school gamers, that is),
Maybe you need to go back to school kiddie. Old school Duke Nukem players remember the side scrolling destruction fest.

But keep calling yourself old school.

jwl3

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2008
The problem with computers is that with each new iteration of OS or hardware, the old stuff gets lost. All our records on 5.25 floppies and Bernoulli 100mb drives are inaccessible these days. Games like Duke Nukem 3d won't work on WinXP systems. It's awful.

Somehow though, Duke 3d has lost its charm. Far Cry and Call of Duty have really ruined my perspective of what a good game is. I can't go back to Duke 3d and say it's an awesome game in this day and age even though I absolutely loved it when it was released.

Status
Not open for further replies.