DVD has video 1 sound and audio on tv but cable has no audio.

JocelynKingSpeedy2

Estimable
Jan 7, 2016
I have a onkyo tx-sr504 receiver with the green/blue/red cord going from Video 1 to my cable box green blue red slots.

I also have green blue red cords going from receiver DVD in into the DVD player.

When I have the tv on with the DVD button selected on the receiver and the tv on video 1 the sound works. But when I turn on my cable box and hit audio 1 on the reciever I only get video.

Any tips? I've tried everything.

Solution
Usually red green blue cables are component video and do not carry audio. You would need either 1 digital audio or 2 analog audio cables to get audio into the receiver. Connect the Cable box one video/audio input on the receiver and the DVD into another. You may need to go into the receiver input set up menu to assign the connections to an input designation (such as TV or DVD).
Usually red green blue cables are component video and do not carry audio. You would need either 1 digital audio or 2 analog audio cables to get audio into the receiver. Connect the Cable box one video/audio input on the receiver and the DVD into another. You may need to go into the receiver input set up menu to assign the connections to an input designation (such as TV or DVD).

Solution