krikle

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
Hi all,

I have a lot of oldd home movies on VHS. I'm sure there is a ton of software that can do this job but i'm wondering if you all could give me some good tips and good pointers on WHICH is the BEST software to use?

I am looking to use something to convert my old VHS tapes to DVD format. I'm looking for a reasonable priced ( or free) suite of software to do this AS WELL AS the appropriate hardware...whatever I need. I've briefly browsed several cables and what not regarding this but don't know too much about it.
Looking for the software AND hardware to do this through a computer. I know you can get the stand alone device that records it do a DVD but from what I've seen, the quality of these are choppy and I'm looking for something I could do through my computer. Thanks!!

If you could point to some actual links of the software, it would be great, too!

krikle

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
Thanks... is there any other way to do this without having to actually hook up your VHS player? I know the USB end has to go in the computer and the av cables in the VCR..then I'm assuming the software guides you.

Any other thoughts? I know there must be loads of different software to do this. In my experience, I always found Roxio good though.

krikle

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
Hi,

yes I know there are...are you talking about the kind that is a stand alone device? And has nothing to do with your computer?

Or do you mean there is some other VHS to DVD recorder device you can get to install in a computer (hardware)?