Question DVI Pc to HDMI Samsung tv Timeing out/ Screen showing for a few seconds

Jul 10, 2019
I have a DVI slot in the pc, a converter is in the slot (converts Dvi to HDMI) which i connected to the Samsung Smart tv (HDMI), it worked for about an hour or so, afterwards I do not know what happened, but as I project the screen now to the Tv it shows the PC screen for 1-2 seconds and afterwards it starts to snow.

Plugging in from a laptop through HDMI to HDMI Tv it works.

Pc only has VGA and DVI slots.

Can anyone help me fix this please?

Thank You.

PS. Yes i did all the driver updates to make sure all is fine
Tried switching to different resolutions, nothing
Cables are fine checked them

Jun 14, 2019
My PC also has DVI/VGA slots. I had the same problem with my old HDMI cable. I've been using this HDMI splitter for a couple of months and it seems to work fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
J Streaming Video & TVs 2
T Streaming Video & TVs 3
B Streaming Video & TVs 1
W Streaming Video & TVs 2
B Streaming Video & TVs 1
G Streaming Video & TVs 1
M Streaming Video & TVs 2
T Streaming Video & TVs 1
D Streaming Video & TVs 1
R Streaming Video & TVs 3
K Streaming Video & TVs 1
I Streaming Video & TVs 4
J Streaming Video & TVs 2
J Streaming Video & TVs 1
E Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
Similar threads
Question No Option To Change Audio Type To PCM On Samsung TV (Model: LN46b500P3F)
Question hdmi splitter (stb -> samsung & sharp tv)
Question Samsung DVD-V6800 VCR/DVD Bad Quality
Solved! I have a blue line going down the right side of my samsung tv I got rid of it once by changing my tv from time to time but now
Solved! How do I stop the tv asking which region or country I am in every time I switch on my tv is a samsung UE43NU7470 smart 4K
Solved! With a newer samsung tv, Can I have both the tv speakers and a sound bar operating at the same time?
how to fix samsung tv model-le32a456c2d from switching itself off after a short time of working normally
samsung tv has to reset several times to get synched up with hdmi
I have a Samsung smart tv - but i am having a difficult time connecting headphones to it. there is only hdmi outlets and red a
My Samsung LED TV model No. UN32EH4003f displays black and white all the time, on any source cable, tv, etc. I tried plugging
Hi I have a Samsung Tv from 2011, model UE40D6517. Have been struggling for quite some time to get Netflix and HBO on it witho
Hi I have a LG smart TV and I have a Blu-ray Samsung surround sound and I'm having a hard time trying to set it up plzzzz help
Samsung LCD power supply board has died 4 times in 15 months
cant turn on samsung tv flashes 10 times what do i do
Samsung Lcd TV Powering Cycle Problem. ( NOT ALL The Time)
my Samsung flat screen TV power light keeps blinking and when unplugged it blinks 10 times what should I do
My Samsung TV displays black and white all the time, on any source cable, tv, etc.
Samsung UN46C6400 turns off by itself all the time
Connect samsung tv to time warner cable to xbox to bluray
Samsung CHL4715W tv is turning on, power light blinks 3 times and then shuts off

ASK THE COMMUNITY