dx12 dual graphics in general

ChaseDown26

Estimable
Feb 2, 2015
Hello, i have a friend who is looking buy a asus laptop R8 365dx. Now ive looked into the dual gpu set up and everything says it sucks for games. But its based on specs alone.
2 questions.
1 :would dx12 make it better having 2 gpus( r6 apu and r7 card)?

2: most sites say it's only as good as the r7 360m. Which is funny i have seen sites the apu is rated better. For example game-debate.

Anyone know sites with actual test of the dual gpu set ?

Also i have seen amd say the a10-8700 apu can LoL 1080 max at 60 fps using 15w.
Most challenging Games he plays warthunder and skyrim.
Would this laptop work??

Solution
DX12 dual graphics is a feature still being tested, and is not implemented, and for all we know may need to be implemented on the game level. So I would not regard it in my buying decision.

The R7 360m built in is better than any built in APU graphics on any of the AMD processors. I'm not familiar with how much power those games need to run but very likely with the graphics toned down a bit they should be fine.

Rogue Leader

Distinguished
DX12 dual graphics is a feature still being tested, and is not implemented, and for all we know may need to be implemented on the game level. So I would not regard it in my buying decision.

The R7 360m built in is better than any built in APU graphics on any of the AMD processors. I'm not familiar with how much power those games need to run but very likely with the graphics toned down a bit they should be fine.

Solution