Dxtory Audio Problems Help Me Please!!!

Mr_Brak

Estimable
Nov 24, 2015
When I record with DXTory, It picks up all of my speaker and mic audio when I look at it in Windows Media Player. When I upload It to Youtube, It only picks up one audio stream. On DXTroy I have record sound checked on both my mic and speakers. I tried switching the mic and the speakers and it had no mic audio if the speakers were first and vise-versa. Can anyone help?

Solution
You need to extract your audio streams individually:

Code:
ffmpeg -i original_video_file.avi -vn -c:a pcm_s16le -map 0:a:0 audiostream1.wav -map 0:a:1 audiostream2.wav
This will save the first stream to audiostream1.wav and the second to audiostream2.wav.

Then import both .wav files into audacity as separate tracks, perform a -6dB amplify on both tracks, then mix the two tracks into a single track. You can then export that track as a .wav file.

Finally you need to mux your mixed audio stream together with your video:

Code:
ffmpeg -i original_video_file.avi -i mixed_audio_file.wav -c:v copy -c:a pcm_s16le -map 0:v -map 1:a output.avi

aznricepuff

Honorable
Oct 17, 2013
Dxtory records audio from different sources into different audio streams. Youtube will only read the first audio stream of any file you upload. You need to remix your audio into a single stream before uploading to youtube.

Mr_Brak

Estimable
Nov 24, 2015

how do i do that?

aznricepuff

Honorable
Oct 17, 2013
You can do it with most video editing software. Alternatively, you can extract the audio streams with ffmpeg, mix them manually in something like audacity and then remux the result with your video.

You can also do it in one step with ffmpeg (this assumes you have two audio streams in your file, and you are using .avi files with signed 16-bit pcm audio):

Code:
ffmpeg -i input.avi -filter_complex "[0:a:0][0:a:1]amix=inputs=2[mix]" -map 0:v -map "[mix]" -c:v copy -c:a pcm_s16le output.avi
The above will reduce the volume of each stream by half (-6db gain) to avoid clipping in the final mix. If you want to preserve the original volumes of each original stream:

Code:
ffmpeg -i input.avi -filter_complex "[0:a:0][0:a:1]amix=inputs=2[b],[b]alimiter=limit=0.5,volume=volume=2[mix]" -map 0:v -map "[mix]" -c:v copy -c:a pcm_s16le output.avi

This will raise the volume of the mix to restore the original volume level of the original streams and uses a limiter to avoid clipping. This might result in some dynamic range compression.

aznricepuff

Honorable
Oct 17, 2013
You need to extract your audio streams individually:

Code:
ffmpeg -i original_video_file.avi -vn -c:a pcm_s16le -map 0:a:0 audiostream1.wav -map 0:a:1 audiostream2.wav
This will save the first stream to audiostream1.wav and the second to audiostream2.wav.

Then import both .wav files into audacity as separate tracks, perform a -6dB amplify on both tracks, then mix the two tracks into a single track. You can then export that track as a .wav file.

Finally you need to mux your mixed audio stream together with your video:

Code:
ffmpeg -i original_video_file.avi -i mixed_audio_file.wav -c:v copy -c:a pcm_s16le -map 0:v -map 1:a output.avi

Solution

PKCGames

Commendable
Mar 17, 2016

I hoped you fixed your problem but I would like to put this here in case anyone else runs into this problem!

This Video explains what may be happening to you!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cC1Ir9VEINw