DXTory to record game audio only?

Kihz

Estimable
Mar 15, 2014
So you'd expect that if people are willing to spend $600, they should be able to do whatever they want with simple recording software, right? WRONG! For whatever unknown reason, there isn't a simple option to make the program only record GAME AUDIO. It feels like the easiest thing to include, but instead, they decide to give you options of which speakers you want to record audio from, instead of which program. Sureeeeee, it can record the VIDEO of JUST DayZ, but FUCK THE AUDIO, YOU GET SKYPE/MUSIC/WHATEVER-THE-FUCK ELSE IN THE RECORDING TOO.

So I thought about it. If I can get the DayZ audio to play through my speakers, then have the Skype play through my headset, I can use audio splitters to also send the speakers audio to my headset. Then turn down the speakers, but it will still record from them. Genius right? WRONG! It's ridiculous to set up. I got out of work at 6 PM, and I've been sitting here for 5 hours trying to make it work. I have a headache from the amount of audio spikes I've caused through my headset by combining the two wrong settings.

The problem lies in the fact that I record DayZ and my skype audio separate since I'm always playing with friends, and the videos will be a lot better with more people. But since DXTory (and fraps, tried that too) decide they have to over achieve and record my friends voices through skype with the game audio, I cant pair the two up because of the double voices, with the game one being lagged behind the Skype one.

Kihz

Estimable
Mar 15, 2014

I'm not even using a speaker. I'm only using headphones..

The program records ALL AUDIO from the computer instead of JUST ONE PROGRAM/GAME in this case. It has nothing to do with my headphones or mic.

dariens007

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2009
the reason you do it that way is that dxtory does not have the option to record and save the video file to isolate just the game audio for you to hear without mixing in the other audio sources. but it can save them as different tracks so that you can then load the avi file into an editor and remove the tgracks you dont want to hear and just hear game audo instead