Dynadock and Etherent

ftutone

Prominent
Oct 31, 2017
I currently have a Toshiba Dynadock connected to my Sony Vaio laptop running Windows 10. The laptop has an Ethernet card in it. I plan on buying a new laptop but most of the new ones no longer come with Ethernet connections. My question is the following: The Dynadock users manual does NOT list an Ethernet connection as a requirement for the laptop being connected to the Dynadock. When I connect my new laptop to the Dynadock, will I still be able to use the Ethernet on the Dynadock or will I only be able to use the wireless network connection on the new laptop?

Solution
The dock is connected with a USB connection, it will load the network card in the dock as a device in the laptop, the laptop having an Ethernet port or not does not matter there.

ftutone

Prominent
Oct 31, 2017
Thank you for your reply. I also contacted Toshiba and they also let me know that the Dynadock does indeed have an Ethernet adapter built it which is configured once the Dynadock is connected to the PC via the 3.0 USB cable. It appears on the PC as "Dynadock Ethernet" so NO additional Ethernet adapter is required on the PC.