Dyson Expands Blade-Less Air Multiplier Fan Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmmil978

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
We sell these where I work. Out of curiosity we opened one of the boxes, hooked it up and checked it out in action. Totally overpriced hunk of junk. Moves about half as much air as, say, your standard box fan for about $290 more. I think I can deal with fan blades if it means saving that much money.

zaznet

Distinguished
May 10, 2010
[citation][nom]agnickolov[/nom]Now when does that come to a computer case near you?[/citation]

I'm thinking a $400 case fan might be a very niche market but eventually this sort of tech will be more and more common after Dyson makes their money off these pricey units.

Spanky Deluxe

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
I saw one of these in the flesh at the Grand Designs show in the UK. I was thoroughly underwhelmed. I'd probably be willing to pay a 20 or 30% premium over a comparable regular fan system for the novelty value and no visible blades but as they stand they're a complete joke. They're literally just a small high powered internal fan with a bunch of plastic built around it. My guess is that they cost $20-30 to manufacture and market.

ubergeek

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
I see them in stores everywhere, but not a single working display model. They obviously don't want you to try it before you buy it and go with an impulse buy.

Strider-Hiryu_79

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
Is this the same Dyson that makes those mucho expense yet powerful and reliable household vacuums?

If so I'm not surprised by the mucho price of their fans.

markymarc82

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2010
[citation][nom]agnickolov[/nom]Now when does that come to a computer case near you?[/citation]
their fans suck as much as their vacuums

Roten67

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2010
OK Prolly a dumb question (I know there are no dumb questions...) but what the hell are these and how do they work?

Status
Not open for further replies.