E-450 with ATI Radeon HD 6320 or I-3 2310 with Mobile Intel® HD graphics

bdbdluk954

Honorable
Apr 12, 2012
Hello,
I play two games, mount and blade and world of tanks, a little email, store some music and dont watch dvds or such on it, which would be better for those games.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
The video (GPU) of the AMD offering is the stronger of the two. The i3 (CPU) is the stronger of the those two.

For gaming, the AMD is the better choice (because of the stronger video performance) and it will meet your other needs as well.

The E-450 is an extremely weak CPU. Based on the benchmarks in the following comparison the i3-2310's benchmarks are at least 2x better than the E-450. Note, in some benchmarks higher is better, in other benchmarks lower is better. The i3-2310's Rank/Position is #100. The E-450's Rank/Position is #361. Checkoff the box for each and then click the "Restrict" button to filter on just those two CPUs.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Mobile-Processors-Benchmarklist.2436.0.html

The Radeon HD 6320 is weaker than the Intel HD 3000. Click the following link, search for the "Intel HD Graphics 3000" and "AMD Radeon HD 6320". Check off the box for both of them. Then click the "Restict" button on top to just focus on those two graphic cores.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Computer-Games-on-Laptop-Graphic-Cards.13849.0.html

Avro Arrow

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2009
You're comparing apples to oranges here. The AMD E-series does not, and was never meant to, compete with Sandybridge. I mean seriously, that's like compaing a Honda Fit to a Chevy Malibu in regard to speed. The gaming APU that AMD made to compete with the i3 is the A8. The E-450 just cannot compete with the i3. In gaming, the i3 cannot compete with the A8, despite a similar price point (often the A8 is cheaper). Depending on what your needs are, the E-450 only really beats Sandybridge in battery life because it literally sips power. Again, Honda Fit vs. Chevy Malibu. :sol: