EA Sports Staff Walks Off Thanks to Wii

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Businesses need to adapt and make things people want. Not try to tell people they want things that they make. And him saying the dynamics were changing and fun was coming back in? is that some kind of joke? I feel that games should always focus on fun first, then worry about making the game look pretty.

skykaptain

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
Well, if they adapt to this developing area of gaming they would make more money, not that EA needs any of that. Either you accept change and change or you're out.

hakesterman

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
The Wii is a joke with sports games. The graghics stink and it plays slow. The controls don't work anything like they should. Ea should can Football on the Wii and focus on PS3 and 360. The Wii is
a child's machine, let them play mario football.

tenor77

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]duckmanx88[/nom]"For a company that has spent decades creating super-realistic gamers"[/citation]

Translation "For a company that has spent decades and millions cornering the market with money"

nachowarrior

Distinguished
May 28, 2007
what do you expect? it's EA. Electronic Arts is too big. they need to get taken down a peg or two at some point. I miss the days of yore when small time companies made big time games. Like when blizzard started up, and just before ID software hit the big time. They didn't HAVE big advertising dollars but what they did have was an awesome game that people bought because it was awesome. Kind of like viral video's, people like it, so they watch it. and most of it is through word of mouth, via the community. Which is a more trusted source for "quality" entertainment. I use the quotes because i don't consider viral video's quality entertainment. a cheap, quick laugh and that's about it, haha.
Point being I really don't look at a title unless it's recommended to me or it sparks my interest through a review or an honorable mention from someone who knows their games or has similar likes and dislikes as I do. EA doesn't have much of that going on.

Firehead2k

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2009
"The dynamics changed with the launch of the Wii--play and fun was coming back in".
I that about sums it up for EA sports games. Recycling the same games over and over and over again with better graphics doesn't and didn't make the games any better.

proto1

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2009
[citation][nom]hakesterman[/nom]The Wii is a joke with sports games. The graghics stink and it plays slow. The controls don't work anything like they should. Ea should can Football on the Wii and focus on PS3 and 360. The Wii isa child's machine, let them play mario football.[/citation]

Way to fail at spelling and grammar. "graghics."

Seriously, get your head out of the 2007 mindset. Wii has an excellent lineup with some great "working" sports titles to boot. Ever heard of motion plus? Yeah.

I don't know what you're playing on Wii, but my games of choice do not have "sucky graphics" or "play slow."

icepick314

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2002
EA had great arcade sport division called EA Big...

along with Street games that were FUN to play with friends, it also had SSX which was one of my favorite game series of all time...

till travesty called SSX on Tour came along which ruined any hopes of following game SSX Blur....

EA Sports just has too much resources on repeating games like Madden and Tiger Woods and not enough for games like SSX and Street games....

G

The Wii is a joke with sports games. The graghics stink and it plays slow. The controls don't work anything like they should. Ea should can Football on the Wii and focus on PS3 and 360. The Wii is

G

G

jkflipflop98

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2006
The Wii is pretty much garbage. My girlfriend begged and begged for one at the height of it's popularity, forcing me to run all over hell's half acre to track one down. During the search, I convinced myself that it was gonna be an awesomely fun machine. My friends that managed to score one told me all about how it's more fun than turning water to wine.

She's put maybe 2 hours into Zelda and that's it. We play Wii sports for maybe 30 minutes to an hour everytime someone "new" comes over to the house, but that's about it. It just sits there and collects dust.

The x360 and our PC's on the other hand, get used quite a bit. My new addiction on xbox is Gears of War 2. Phenominal game. Graphics, sound, artwork, gameplay, and controls are all spot-on. GoW2 simply couldn't be done on the Wii. Not just because it's graphics suck, but because the controls have alot of "slop" in them.

The Wii was a good idea that sold a boatload of hardware. Then again, so was a Furby. And you see how that worked out.

mp562

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
What a whiny little bitch... Deal with it. Just because you didn't have much competition before doesn't mean that's how it's always going to be.

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
I'm with them. wanna know why games devs get paid a lot less than normal IT guys? cause we do it for the love of it. I can understand why they would walk off when the best gaming device on the market is an archaic backwards piece of overpriced shit that is more useful for practicing masturbation than enjoying a good, immersive, challenging game.

G

Way to go EA !! You piss off your PC gamers by not releasing products like Madden 2009 or 2010 and now you blame Wii for taking customers away. Maybe it is time to look at your business practices and see what you can do to get those customers back. I for one have stopped supporting EA since they decided that PC gamers are not worth the trouble.

proto1

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2009
"I can understand why they would walk off when the best gaming device on the market is an archaic backwards piece of overpriced shit that is more useful for practicing masturbation than enjoying a good, immersive, challenging game."

............................................________
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,
.........................,/...............................................”:,
.....................,?......................................................\,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:”........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_....”~,_........ -,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\

Status
Not open for further replies.