EA to Charge You $10 to Play Used Sports Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

will_chellam

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2007
"This is an important inflection point in our business because it allows us to accelerate our commitment to enhance premium online services to the entire robust EA Sports online community,"

TRANSLATION:

"This is an important inflection point in our business because it allows us to accelerate our commitment to sell more revenue generating online services to the entire robust EA Sports online customer base"

techd2

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
OK The game industry is now getting GREEDY. First Dragon Age, now EA Sports. Well I know the titles I won't be purchasing.

But being popular titles I see this is going to be a change because people will buy it so they can play it. Then others will see how well they are selling and think it will be OK to charge for ALL used games. Before you know it, it will become the "norm"

thackstonns

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2008
This is just what I would want if I was EA, to be looked at the same as gamestop. I hate gamestop because they are a rip off, and EA because they are a rip off. Maybe EA should just try to buy gamestop, and quit charging 10bucks for online play? Also since I will no longer buy any EA games looks like you are losing $60 instead of making ten.

molimo

Distinguished
May 12, 2010
What will happen if you rent the game? It's already registered so will you have to pay 10$ extra just to play it? (Like an Xbox game using Live)
That's just ridiculous on EA's part.

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
FU EA. Just wait and buy it new when it is on sale for $19.95 but I am sure they would do some other asshole move to screw the consumer out of cash.

Abrahm

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2007
Maybe EA can just require us to give them our credit cards so they can charge us whenever they feel they deserve some more money without actually doing anything? Sound fair to me.

guanyu210379

Distinguished
Example : new game costs $40
Used game costs $20 and then $10 extra...which makes $30
??? ????????????????????????????????????????????????????

If companies start to do stupid things like this, I just have to switch to piracy.

First DRM and now this? Using pirated products begins to be more and more comfortable.

guanyu210379

Distinguished
Forgot to mention...
This means also...$10 by renting games...

Hmmm....Calling to SKIDROW, RELOADED, RAZOR1911, and many others...please be more productive..
I will officially stop buying legal products if stupid thing like this continues.
I will need you guys desperately in the future.

TunaSoda

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2005
Just be happy you CAN buy used games, some software out there cannot be used by anyone other than the original owner legally
(non-transferable license)

G

Dicks. I boycotted EA a LONG time ago. They used to be THE coolest company in the beginning, but look at them now.

hillarymakesmecry

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2009
[citation][nom]LATTEH[/nom]well atleast i don't have to do that because i buy all my games from steam[/citation]

So you can never resell your games when you're done either... Why is that better? Sounds even worse.

--------

I'm boycotting EA. They haven't gotten any of my money in awhile and they'll never get any of my money in the future.

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
[citation][nom]hillarymakesmecry[/nom]So you can never resell your games when you're done either... Why is that better? Sounds even worse.--------I'm boycotting EA. They haven't gotten any of my money in awhile and they'll never get any of my money in the future.[/citation]

Most of my games are online, thus requiring a key. Nobody will buy a game with a key that's already been used. Not to mention, I lose the friggin' keys all the time, so Steam removes that worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.