Early Adopter Breaks TV Using Kinect

Status
Not open for further replies.

dapneym

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2008
I knew we would see stories like this soon after Kinect launched. I'll pass on it anyway. I'll take my mouse and keyboard, or controller if I'm playing a console.

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
I think it will end up being one of the worst gimmicks in gaming history. A lot of gamers seem to be under the delusion that you can play "real" games on it instead of mini games and dance games and other crap. I like to laugh at the people who talk about how cool it will be when they can play Halo with Kinect. Not going to happen unless they come out with peripherals. Then those same idiots argue that you could just use a regular 360 controller. Yeah, I'd like to see people trying to hold that while they flail around like idiots. That's sure to cause more TV damage.

spectrewind

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
Well, positive to be gained from this: it is an Insignia TV.
(This is Best Buy's "value" (read: cheap/unreliable) brand TV.)

Time for an upgrade.

quotas47

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
Emo TV is sad :* (

I'm so glad we can control games with our movements now, but I'm still waiting for those USB ports that support keyboards so I can type messages to punks on Live to also allow mice. Microsoft mice even. It charges my iPod, Blackberry, and Tilt2 already, it reads my Sony W90 as a mass storage device, it connects to my Windows 7 computer.
Yet, I still can't play Call of Duty with a mouse and keyboard.
I have a computer, but there's no point in buying the game a second time. Trading off games with friends, it's easier to pass a controller than a computer.

The simplest improvement in control has not been enabled, and while motion control is still jittery, a 1200dpi laser mouse isn't. Am I the only one who thinks this small, preference based feature has been omitted?

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
[citation][nom]quotas47[/nom]Emo TV is sad :* (I'm so glad we can control games with our movements now, but I'm still waiting for those USB ports that support keyboards so I can type messages to punks on Live to also allow mice. Microsoft mice even. It charges my iPod, Blackberry, and Tilt2 already, it reads my Sony W90 as a mass storage device, it connects to my Windows 7 computer.Yet, I still can't play Call of Duty with a mouse and keyboard.I have a computer, but there's no point in buying the game a second time. Trading off games with friends, it's easier to pass a controller than a computer.The simplest improvement in control has not been enabled, and while motion control is still jittery, a 1200dpi laser mouse isn't. Am I the only one who thinks this small, preference based feature has been omitted?[/citation]

But you CAN use a mouse/keyboard with the 360... it's just that none of the games will let you take advantage of them for actual gameplay. Take it up with the game designers, who are probably just doing it so that they can simplify testing and keep online play "fair" by making sure everyone is using a relatively similar peripheral.

fjjb

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
Microsoft will follow wii's example and instead of giving straps it will give chains and a psicological jacket and a ball-and-chain so you dont get that out of control... lol

G

with Balmer's thrashing i thought they would have had this angle covered

rhelme

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2008
YOU CAN play 360 games with a mouse.... www.bannco.com

I have them both for ps3 and 360 and they work VERY well.

Status
Not open for further replies.