Edifier S880DB or alternative?

Hyedwtditpm

Honorable
Jan 28, 2014
I need to buy speakers for my computer . I came across iwth this one.
http://www.edifier.com/int/en/speakers/s880

I mainly use it with my computer for listening music, watching movies ,also stream to spotify from smartphone.

It has both usb/optical input ,also bluetooth with aptx. Only problme is that the woofer is a bit on the small size (3.7") . Has anyone used these speakers before? is the bass enough?

Do you know a better alternative?

Hyedwtditpm

Honorable
Jan 28, 2014
Yes. USB would work fine too. I believe it's better to use the DAC on the speaker instead of motherboard audio.

It's just the woofer is on the small size. If it was like 4.5" , this could be the winner speaker for near field listening.

Hyedwtditpm

Honorable
Jan 28, 2014

Thank you for your reply. I don't have a chance to listen it , also there aren't much reviews.

Considering that I will place these next both sides of monitor and mostly I will be at most 2m distance, could 3.7' woofers produce enough bass? I like the speakers they looks really nice, also great input options but don't want to end up with subpar experience.

Jul 16, 2018
The subwoofer might be small but it's punchy and clean. However don't expect it sound loud and bassy.
Good for those who wants to listen to good music or watch movies, not recommended for parties though.
Worth every penny though, no regrets on buying this. And at this size it fits perfectly if you don't have much desktop space.