eGPU for my laptop: is it possible? Dell Precision 7510

jeet_

Prominent
Dec 9, 2017
Hello everyone, I was wondering if I could upgrade my gpu in my dell precision 7510 here are the specs:
i7-6820hq
AMD FirePro W5170M (gpu that I don't want)
256gb nvme pcie ssd (not willing to switch out, unless you tell me how to move os)
250 gb ssd
3 tb hard drive
Windows 10 Pro

If it helps, on hardware properties section, the location is PCI Slot 1 bus 1 device 0 function 0

edit: I would like to add a gtx 1050 or 1050ti, and I am willing to install it internally or externally, but I don't know if I can. Also, please can you recommend me risers for the pci cards or a video to see how I could do it. If I can't, can I replace it with a better card internally?

edit: if it helps, my GPU form factor is an MXM, so I don't know if that will help.

Callum Clarke

Estimable
May 28, 2014
You could get a external GPU, however they are a little pricey. Other then that there isn't a way to upgrade the graphics chip as it is soldered onto the board.

Callum Clarke

Estimable
May 28, 2014
You could get a external GPU, however they are a little pricey. Other then that there isn't a way to upgrade the graphics chip as it is soldered onto the board.

jeet_

Prominent
Dec 9, 2017

Could you get me a link. Thanks

MCE2k

Prominent
Mar 2, 2017
A bit late but as a public service announcement to anyone who comes across this page from a search engine like I did: Callum's wrong, the 7510 GPU is MXM type a, not a soldered unit. I can't tell you specifically what options you have apart from probably a M2200 but most better cards are type b. Newer Pascals may or may not be able to be used in it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Zkneedhelp Laptop Tech Support 0
DariusEldritch Laptop Tech Support 0
K Laptop Tech Support 0
H Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 2
P Laptop Tech Support 0
Aghil Laptop Tech Support 1
ShadowAntrax Laptop Tech Support 8
phang888000 Laptop Tech Support 3
J Laptop Tech Support 1
Devenko Laptop Tech Support 1