Egypt Advising Cell Phone Users on How to Behave

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberkuberiah

Distinguished
May 5, 2009
the 3rd Reich of wireless ? i thought citizens had enough sense to do this without "guidelines" of any sort , including minding one's kid in public .

N19h7M4r3

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2008
though i agree with the logic of this, i think that this problem wont be solved by censorship. If i had/needed to do something that was a dont do on that list i would probably do it anyway. People just have to learn how to respect the wellbeing of others.

cyberkuberiah

Distinguished
May 5, 2009
i was just waiting in the airport and my so and so called to find if the flight was late or something , and then an official came , took my cellphone into "custody" and said "NO CELLPHONE FOR YOU" !!! , just reminding of the times i waited just to get a soup (Seinfeld , anyone ?) .

precariousgray

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2009
[citation][nom]cyberkuberiah[/nom]the 3rd Reich of wireless ? i thought citizens had enough sense to do this without "guidelines" of any sort , including minding one's kid in public .[/citation]

Clearly you have never been out in public.

cyberkuberiah

Distinguished
May 5, 2009
non annoying ringtone ? teasing ? these are way too subjective to be made into guidelines . also reminds of when Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin called an Impregnation Meet/Summit in Russia , things like these are way out of line with something known as democracy and consensus .

cyberkuberiah

Distinguished
May 5, 2009
[citation][nom]precariousgray[/nom]Clearly you have never been out in public.[/citation]

Yeah , right , clearly . Then , as Jane said , its time to pack your bags , my friend ! see you in Egypt ! (or not) .

alexmx

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2009
meh, as long as they are kept as guidelines it should be fine. I hate it when people have annoying ringtones and it takes them forever to answer.
And hate even more those so called external speakers that sound like tweeters.

etracer65

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2009
Point 12: When using your cell phone as a remote trigger for a roadside IED, be sure to place the phone in silent mode to prevent early detection.

Goro

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2008
its not the 3rd reich or censorship.. it's a ethics guide... anybody here that reads the whole article??...""The BBC reports that Egypt's official telecoms regulatory body has released a 16 point ethics guide""
I totally agree with it because when I have to sit at a doctors office or any other office for that matter and I have an idiot that's playing every damn ringtone on his cell over and over again I want to stick that damn cell down his throat.

r0x0r

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
If this means not putting up with 'tards on the train who think playing music through their phone is a good idea, then I'm all for it.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
Have a phone that rings, not everyone has the same music tastes.
Don't wake me up in the middle of the night with your bullshit.
Don't text me words harder to read than it is to understand a drunk.

A phone is a communication tool, use it properly.

And yeah, I'd bunk with you in Egypt Jane... however, I'm sure half the perverts on Toms also would...

bad_code

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2009
[citation][nom]Curnel_D[/nom]Correction: More stupid.[/citation]

He was right! They do get 'stupider' :) Then they wine and change the dictionary to make it ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.