Eidos Tampering Review Scores Again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckmanx88

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
it really shows how much faith they don't have in the game even though hands on previews by gaming sites are excited about this new batman game(that should have been out by now).

rigaudio

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
Wtf? There's gotta be some sort of law they're breaking. I wasn't gonna buy this anyway, but I will now discourage anyone I can from buying it. No company that feels like it has to cheat its way to higher reviews should be trusted.

starhoof

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2008
There are a lot of games based on movies that are horrible, there are just few that are not. I am pretty sure this game isn't something good.
Now how about Lego Batman: Arkham Asylum?? ERRRR !!!

computabug

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
So, why's this such a big deal? It's as simple as doing nothing...

Never use their service again and they're bankrupt. I've never even heard of these guys...

tenor77

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Wow, well now my faith is a little shaken on the game. I was really hoping this would finally be a good Batman game, but now...........

G

When I suggest that Intel does similar, I always get in an argument with Cleeve.

mdillenbeck

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
In other words, these game-junkie reviewers get to trade advertising (a high rating and prominent featuring) for the game to get a pre-release copy?

Honestly, I don't blame only Eidos if this is true - I would also put a huge amount of blame on game review sites and magazines that accept these pre-release copies. After all, if they are willing to GUARANTEE a 90+ score, are they really giving you a fair and unbiased review of this (or any other) game?

San Pedro

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
I think PC Gamer did this for Far Cry 2. It overrated that game so much, I wished I could have sent the bill to magazine for convincing me to buy it.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
You simply cannot trust the big name review sites today. If your looking for a review of a game its best to go to the smaller sites as they are ignored by publishers. They have no reason to lie and dishonesty will just kill them.

I'm sure many of us can recall the original Black & White the game was one of the most over hyped of all time and all the big reviewers gave it excellent scores. After sometime they even started admitted its over hyped and all around they all gave the same lie that they didn't get to play it long enough and only played the first level. It's obvious that the reviewers were told to give it high scores.

There should really be a law (if there isn't already) that any journalist has to best to their knowledge speak the truth. Anything other unintentional errors should be punishable.

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
@San Pedro,
I got Farcry 2 with my new video card, not impressed except for the graphics engine is not bad. The malaria thing really put me off and I never did finish the DRM infected rentware. Fallout 3 is much more fun.

kamkal

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2007
This is how they make crappy games bad, hyping them up and now going as far as bribing reviewers to give the crap game good scores.

Same shit happens with movies and music.

brendano257

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
Honestly, no game can own up to all the hype it's given. But this is worse, there really really should be something done about this. "We just wanted to....bullshit" :)

G

The problem with an article like this on Tom's is that they pretend half the time that this kind of thing never happens... Can we assume that other types of hardware/software companies do the same, or is this only limited to games? Has anybody ever bought a product that was rated highly in an article, only to bring it home and find out that it was a P.O.S.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS