Elden Ring is great — so why do I keep going back to Breath of the Wild?

Apr 17, 2022
A lot of words for "it's just easier". Judging by your clear ineptness you probably found writing this short article fatiguing as well.

Apr 6, 2022
I think both games hard to compare, still they have some similar elements. It's like comparing Doom Eternal and Sniper Ghost Warrior: both are shooters but have so many differences, that don't allow them to be compared.
Elden ring needs more concentration to play, so it's really more exhausting than BOTW

Apr 18, 2022
A lot of words for "it's just easier". Judging by your clear ineptness you probably found writing this short article fatiguing as well.

I've completed every FromSoft game since Demon's Souls multiple times. Elden Ring is far easier than any of those. I never said I thought Elden Ring is too hard.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2022
They are both good games but let's take a closer look. Both games give you a huge beautiful world with varied enemies but there are 2 things elden ring lacks and that is variety of content and a captivating score. The music is light years ahead on breadth of the wild. Elden rings thematic soundscapes are forgettable and dont have any memorable melodies. Second, no one has much to say in elden ring that really has any impact. It's a huge collection of seemingly side quests with the main quest feeling like there's no reason to actually pursue it other than for ur character to find a way out of the world he's in. In the end breath of the wild feels like a massive story driven quest, rich with relationships, details, and hidden characters and trinkets where elden ring is a large beautiful map filled with enemies, short spoken npc and not much else. Elden ring runs on art alone for the most part, not to mention the platforming is lackluster at best. A final point I was thinking of is the combat. The breaking weapons in zelda add a lot of forced combat variety. Elden ring has a million potential builds but a lot of my friends find their favorite and spend over 10 hours after spamming a single powerful move which just feels like mediocre game design for so many players to lean into that over something more varied and less repetitive. It's a lot like a 4k high detail remake of ghosts n goblins (NES) vs a 4k high detail remake of the original zelda(NES)

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2022
This is just such a dumb click baity article, which is something I see way too much of these days. You're allowed to say you just didn't end up liking Elden Ring that much, but this whole "omg fatigue" thing is so over the top. You alluded to finding sites of grace being fatiguing while saying you've played the other souls games. They are far more lenient and plentiful with such things in this game. Maybe you out grew the genre, but I'm sitting here wondering why I wasted 3 minutes of my life reading this in the first place.