End of Facebook Near? 60% Ready to Dump Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Guest

Guest
"While Facebook is working on cleaning up its security mess"

That's the problem - it isn't working on cleaning it up, it's working on monetizing user data.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Only 1600 users? That doesn't indicate much. I do hope that facebook takes this more seriously than I do though (their privacy sucks.)
 

redzoneos

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2008
24
0
18,560
0
1600 users surveyed... over a million that are oblivious to what's going on. Doubt that anything will change until facebook and public networking "risks" become much more public. I think facebook issues are well known here on Tom's and maybe other tech related news sites, but realistically what percent of facebook users even know what firefox is?? privacy settings? 2 + 2??
 

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Moderator
Sep 6, 2008
3,485
0
20,730
0
Well you can't possibly survey all or even half of a 400million. 1600 might be a small sample size, but it's a start.

In related news, I have already dumped facebook. Not looking back.
 

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
952
0
18,930
0
Facebook sucks anyway. Reason: Privacy. I have found a lot of people I use to know off of it, though. Seriously, they need to get rid of crap like Farmville and Fishville. Maybe I'll start developing my own thing.
 

Silmarunya

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
390
0
18,930
0
Of these 60% considering to leave, how many will actually do so? And even if they'd go, the remaining 40% is still more than enough for a commercially healthy Facebook. Sadly, the stupidity of the average Facebook user means that things like security issues and lack of privacy won't hurt FB as much as they should. Most FB users simply don't know what security and privacy are...

I'm glad I never signed up to a social network. I don't need to run a virtual farm, I don't need to spy on my friends, don't want to be monitored by these friends and don't need a bazillion virtual friends to feel popular and loved.
 

applegetsmelaid

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010
234
0
18,830
0
Privacy in a technological society is a myth. All you can do is stare in the surveillance cameras with you middle fingers up. The privacy issues on Facebook are Kindergarten compared to what's going on in other avenues of communication.
 

Clintonio

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2008
372
0
18,930
0
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]Well you can't possibly survey all or even half of a 400million. 1600 might be a small sample size, but it's a start.In related news, I have already dumped facebook. Not looking back.[/citation]
+1. I have left too.[citation][nom]JohnnyLucky[/nom]There is no privacy on the web.[/citation]
Incorrect.

Tell me, where am I right now?
 

mayne92

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
356
0
18,930
0
Reason I closed my account years ago when they started the implementation of letting everyone know what it is that I did, who I checked out, friended, grouped, etc. Then, you couldn't get rid of that information. I remember years ago the first inbox message from the CEO or technically the PR about the first major privacy issue Facebook had created. It is nothing but bloated now and the light version is nothing useful. I don't need Facebook anyways, I have a cellphone for contact. haha
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Streaming Video & TVs 4
O Streaming Video & TVs 2
J Streaming Video & TVs 1
R Streaming Video & TVs 1
O Streaming Video & TVs 1
B Streaming Video & TVs 2
Jill Scharr Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
tomsguideUS Streaming Video & TVs 0
Marshall Honorof Streaming Video & TVs 2
Jill Scharr Streaming Video & TVs 6
rutherfordsc Streaming Video & TVs 1
G Streaming Video & TVs 4
G Streaming Video & TVs 0
rutherfordsc Streaming Video & TVs 4
G Streaming Video & TVs 0
G Streaming Video & TVs 5
G Streaming Video & TVs 8
G Streaming Video & TVs 1
G Streaming Video & TVs 17

ASK THE COMMUNITY