Energizer Touts New Zinc Air Batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

graviongr

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2008
Man I hope this is true, and I hope it's relatively inexpensive. You know they are going to charge a premium though, but I just hope it isn't ridiculous.

I keep saying to anyone who will listen, that we need to make some big leaps in battery technology, as we get more and more mobile.

I'm fed up with current battery technology... it sucks, to put it bluntly.

CJDavE

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2008
This is by far not new technology. Zinc-air hearing aid batteries have been around for years. Way to get some free advertising, Energizer. Nothing interesting or new was said in this article.

CJDavE

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2008
[citation][nom]JonnyDough[/nom]My biggest concern is "is it good for the environment?"[/citation]

Read the article I posted.

CJDavE

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2008
You didn't read the article, then. Zinc is non-toxic. The process used to recycle the discharged materials is non-toxic.

Pure Zinc is non-toxic (commercially available zinc is often contaminated by other metals e.g. toxic lead) and substantially easier to store than hydrogen, and can be processed by water-based electrochemistry.

G

I agree with CJDavE its only zinc what harm could it do honestly people research these studid theorys please

G

Take a look at www.instant-power.com and see more about zinc air batteries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS