Enhanced CD Distortion

Chris Dalby

Honorable
May 30, 2013
Hello. I have Linkin Park - Meteora and Reanimation on Enhanced CD (its the only way they come) and when trying to play them on my Windows 10 PC or Laptop they distort terribly. All my other CD's (not enhanced) play fine.

I have tried MusicBee, Windows Media Player, and VLC Media Player (won't even recognise the disc).

Does anyone have any idea why enhanced CD's distort so bad when trying to play the audio off of them? I mean they were devised as enhanced CD's so they could be played on PC's and also watch the video's that were put on them.

I have searched high and low for an answer but haven't been able to find anything that answers my question. Is it a setting in Windows 10 itself?

Any advice would be really appreciated as I really want to get them ripped into MusicBee.

Thanks

Chris.

Chris Dalby

Honorable
May 30, 2013
Well thanks for the advice, but after getting another copy of both discs (Music Magpie exchanged both, They are brilliant like that) they went onto my PC fine and ripped into MusicBee perfectly in FLAC.

Really strange as I never changed any settings, they are both the same CD's yet never had any issues going on. It's on of those I fixed it but have no idea how. :)