Entering Coaxial TV signal to desktop and transmit it over the internet

Omar Romanovic

Estimable
Oct 23, 2014
Hello, I am actually working on a project, but I am missing some parts.
I want to transmit the coaxial signal coming from my dish and enter it to my desktop through a Coax Dongle USB, afterwards I want to create a program that can drive that signal to a web server and be able to download it. So basically when it is uploaded to the internet I want to be able to read it and get it out through a USB port with a Dongle once again and have it physical.
Because I cannot get the signal on the second place, this is the idea. Do you guys have any idea how the program is going to look like?

Solution
You can not just take the coax from your dish and hook it into a computer.

Satallte TV is encrypted and thus you need a recevier or cable card to decrypt it.
You can use a silicon HD HomeRun box to take a TV stream (getting the right box for the right TV source) and then put it on your local network.
Now if you are trying to watch it in some other area not connected to your home network this is going to be tough because most internet connections dont provide enough bandwidth to stream TV over like that.

If you have directv or dish, most of them have a service to watch tv on an internet connected device.
You can not just take the coax from your dish and hook it into a computer.

Satallte TV is encrypted and thus you need a recevier or cable card to decrypt it.
You can use a silicon HD HomeRun box to take a TV stream (getting the right box for the right TV source) and then put it on your local network.
Now if you are trying to watch it in some other area not connected to your home network this is going to be tough because most internet connections dont provide enough bandwidth to stream TV over like that.

If you have directv or dish, most of them have a service to watch tv on an internet connected device.

Solution