Environmentalist Group Holds WiMAX Protest In Taipei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunfighterlc

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2008
The green hysteria is now a greater threat to the world then communism or terrorism ever was. These people are just nuts, They protest and fight any form of human progression.

werd

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2008
They forget that the world has actually gotten cooler in the past 2 years. They forget that we were talking about global cooling in the 80s.

They forget that the sun is getting hotter, and icecaps on mars are actually melting.

They forget that the southpole is getting much bigger.

G

Communism was and is just another way of thinking in terms of politics, economy and social relations.... it has never ben a threat.... Ok... so we've got a bit cooler... the work is done, the planet is safe and we have stopped poluting, and now all companies are so green that if they were greener theyll be radioactive... Think before you talk. Also stadistically people who live near celular antenna and wimax antenna have more probabilities of having cancer, so the problem is not to use this type of technology, but to use them safely. And people, stop complaining about green frenzy as all of this is good, without this frenzy the planet wouldnt have been cooler. Also in 90 percent of citys with industris polution is one big problem as companys do watever is more productive for them and being green is costy. The sun is not getting hotter.... and the southpole is not getting much bigger..... lol

G

Solar radiation reaching the Earth is 0.036 percent warmer than it was in 1986... lol thats not hotter.... that is a fluctuation...... lol

werd

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2008
Why does the greenies own research show that cows are the %1 emitters of carbon?

If you buy into the greenhouse theory, you better stop eating hamburgers and murdering your local cows.

Then stop driving your cars

Then start farting in a milk jug so it doesnt get into the atmosphere and make HOLES!@#!

Seriously though, gore and his army were telling us that the sea levels were going to rise and engulf coastal cities, when since 2005 the sealevels have actually dropped, now they are trying to tell us that the water is drying up.

Ps. the southpole is getting bigger, and if the sun isnt getting hotter why are icecaps on mars melting. Mars has no atmosphere.

G

Any extreme is bad (too much or too little...

1. Someone has to defend the planet we live in, we have become a pest destroying the delicate balance of our eco-system. We are a threat to ourselves.
2. Pollution of any kind (air, water, etc.) is getting worse all over it and it's increase is proportional to the world's human population growth (more people = more pollution).
3. There isa a big difference between fresh-water reserves and sea-water (the sea). Fresh-water reserves (lakes & ice-caps) are drying up fast, while the ocean levels (non-drinkable water) are rising.

G

Ok, lets take the 0.036 increase in solar radiation another cause of global warming.... so thats the only problem in the planet?? YES!!... no man. Of course "green ""scientist"" " can say stupid things, more often than real ones, but we are polluting the planet, and as Yo said, if u take the "green" away... YAY lets exterminate all living creatures and pollute all fresh water HURAY!!!! There has to be a balance, which there isn't and lets talk about what we were talking, electromagnetic radiation, even non-ionizing in large quantitys which we are producing is bad, "try to get near a radar anteena and you will smell some nice cooked human flesh" not the same, but same principals comes with wimax and mobile anteena, the "strange" or abnormal destruction of cells in our body produced by this type of radiation, over time increases "greatly" not that greatly but it dose increase in a big percent depending on intensity and time of exposure "lifetime from bith this days.... so intensity is the clue", the chances of having all types of cancer, as electromagnetic radiation dosn't have a preference in types of cells that it destroys..... and yes you get cancer from an abnormal destruccion and produccion of tissue.

G

First off, if the debate is framed Global Warming or not, we just lose sight that the f*cking planet is getting sh*t on while we shout at each other and nothing gets accomplished. Is pollution bad or good?

On the wimax issue, there are no long term studies that show the carrier waves are safe or unsafe. -They just don't exist yet. So don't get all crazy when someone asks if this technology is safe. The jury is also still out on cell phone towers and cell phone use. I guess we'll all have to wait another ten years and see how many of us have brain cancer.

Many smart scientist types are just a little worried and some have completely stopped putting the little microwave emitting cell phones right next to their brains. Many regular people keep the little blutooth and cell phones right next to their brains for much of the day. Good luck with that...

G

Never said there were long term studies about this, I just exposed some facts, as "try to get near a radar anteena and you will smell some nice cooked human flesh"(mmmm yummy) or "strange" or abnormal destruction of cells in our body increases the chances of having all types of cancer, and that electromagnetic fluctuations destroys cells. Also that the cuantity of people that have cancer near telecomunication anteena are more than other places, and thats in not too long term but high sposure to electromagnetic radiation. Its like everything too much is bad. No one got mad, its just my way of writing, without a small confrontation theres no fun :p

G

see here is where everyone is so wrong, and they are missing the real issue. the planets stability is not really in jeopardy our way of life is. We want more space so we chop down trees to build malls and shopping cetners, and condos/houses. I have watched several thousand acers of land here in the Houston Texas area just get chopped down and ground up. then a roads and house get built and more cars on the road. It is such an issue for someone to not have that brandnew house, or a closer shopping center, or even a closer gym. you know you could have walked 2 miles up the path through the woods to goto the store and got groceries instead of chopping down trees and destroying the path to build closer mall and a gym. you see it's our way of life that is in jeopardy not the planet, and people are always thinking that way, and that is why our planet is dying not because we are killing it, but it is killing our way of life. Until people stop being stuckup asses saving the planet will never happen.

G

Wow, these are some of the worst comments I've seen yet. WiMax has almost nothing to do with global warming. I think the point that should be put across is something called "risk management". I suspect that for the most part WiMax is probably safe. I guess my point is if WiMax did give you cancer then it's likely you're one of the rare individuals where something else probably would've caused you cancer eventually. Just think about all the synthetics in our environment. Do you drive? That puts out hundreds of carcinogens not to mention pure smog that kills at a higher rate than WiMax ever could. Personally I say deal with the bigger issues first instead of ones that arn't likely to cause problems.

As a side note, I would also say that global warming is a problem which is MOST likely caused by us. Even if you ignored all the evidence, common sense prevails. Picture billions of people digging the same hole in the planet and sooner or later that's going to cause something to happen. The only reason we're not noticing is that the slight warming doesn't have immediate effects. In the end thou sadly, I doubt there's much we can do about it. We have a high demand for energy and it doesn't seem like that will change short of a disaster. I suspect folks who believe the opposite either want to believe that there's no way they could have any part in the mess we're in or believe there's no way we could do anything that could affect the entire planet which has been proven wrong many times before.

eded333

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2008
LOL RFL XDXDXD no one said wimax had to do with global warming, werd got the discussion started on that XD

eded333

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2008
Oh yeah, no one said wimax or any other shity wavelenght of anytype of electromagnetic comunication gives cancer, TO BE NEAR AN ANTEENA OF TELECOMUNICATION GIVES A HIGHER CHANGE OF GETING CANCER, lol, people don't know to read XD really love this

eded333

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2008
Ok so... aur way of life is killing the planet... and not us.... so we aren't guilty of our way of life... no of course not... we live how we live becouse aliens tought us how to live and we aren't aware of it.
If we live in a way, and our way of life kills the planet, we are killing the planet, and deforestation is not only one of our worlds big problem, there are much more as desertification, pollution, blah blah blah etc, lotsa things I just don't don't fell to wright :p, so people all is said in this thread, kill it, or if you want to say something new or stupid... just READ EVERYTHING and so you dont repeat.....

Status
Not open for further replies.